Friday 1 April 2011



"you know , this necklace makes me think of this totally random memory of my mother . i was a little kid , and I was crying for whatever reason , and she was cradling me , rocking me back and forth , and i can just remember the silver balls floating around . and there was , like , snot running down my nose , right ? and she gave me her sleeve - and told me to blow my nose into it . and i can remember , even as a little kid , thinking to myself : wow . this is love . . . this is love . "
- garden state


" you know that point in your life when you realize that the house you grew up in isn’t really your home anymore . . . all of the sudden even though you have some place to put your shit , that idea of home is gone . . . or maybe it's like this rite of passage . . . you will never have that feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself , for your kids , for the family you start . it’s like a cycle or something . maybe that’s all family really is : a group of people that miss the same imaginary place . "
- garden state


" what's the word that's burning in your heart ? "
- garden state


" that's life . if nothing else , its life . it's real , and sometimes it fuckin hurts , but it's sort of all we have . " 
- garden state








" time's funny. when you're a kid , it passes slowly , and next thing you're fifty and your childhood fits into a rusty little box . "
- amelie 









No comments:

Post a Comment